• Willkommen im Geoclub - dem größten deutschsprachigen Geocaching-Forum. Registriere dich kostenlos, um alle Inhalte zu sehen und neue Beiträge zu erstellen.

Autotour GCtour does not work

yxza

Geonewbie
Hello,
sorry my German is not good enough for posting so I will stay with English.
Presently I'm having problems with the otherwise excellent script GCTour. I click autoTour and athe utoTour window pops up. In my case the window states:
Estimated total number of caches in this region: 218. I click "Calculate an autoTour with these values and the total number of caches changes to 218.
All cachetypes are selected, all sizes and so on. I click "Start", a page with a list of caches is briefly shown and then I'm back to the ordinary map.
When I look at the tour it states "The tour is empty".
Anyone got any idea what may be the problem? My error or bug?
yxza

Die Batzen

Geocacher
Hello yxza,

to narrow down the issue, just a few questions:
  1. Which browser you're running: Firefox or Chrome?
  2. Besides GCTour, do you have other scripts running? If so, please disable all but GCTour temporarily. Does it help?
  3. Please open the browser console (Firefox: Ctrl+Shift+K, Chrome: Ctrl+Shift+I) and ensure that "Console" is selected, run autoTour: do you see any error messages in the console?
Hopefully this can give us a hint.

Regards,
Thomas

OP
Y

yxza

Geonewbie
Hello,
thanks for a quick answer.
Some answers:
1 Firefox, latest release on Win 10
2 Yes, I have other scripts running. I had no reason to suspect them but after disabling all, GCTour worked. Enabling all except the script Send2Cgeo everything worked. After enabling Send2Cgeo as well, same erronous behaviour. I've had problems with this script before, however a new release was just out so I thought the problems were fixed.
3 I think the problem is not yours but I will attach a document with console output.
Regards
yxza

Anhänge

• console.pdf
    153 KB · Aufrufe: 79

Die Batzen

Geocacher
Glad that you found a solution.
As you already suspected, the console output doesn't contain any helpful information.
But I see the same issue if send2cgeo is running in parallel.

Tried a few things but no luck ... and no further ideas.
Sorry for now, (temporarily) disabling send2cgeo seems to be the only solution.

Regards,
Thomas

capoaira

Geomaster
Hi there,
I opened a new Issue for this in the s2cgeo script: https://github.com/cgeo/send2cgeo/issues/98
I'm going to look at this issue this evening, but normally I don't use GCTour. Maybe it will take some time.

Oben