• Willkommen im Geoclub - dem größten deutschsprachigen Geocaching-Forum. Registriere dich kostenlos, um alle Inhalte zu sehen und neue Beiträge zu erstellen.

Virtual keyboard

courdi95

Geonewbie
As a french geocacher, I will use English, as my german language level is too poor ....

I have installed with success CacheWolf on a PNA (GPS with WINCE5.0).... all is correct ! except that, as I have no keyboard (it is a handheld GPS .... and not a PDA .... ), I would like to get a virtual keyboard to enter data .....

When I click with the stylus on an entry box, no VK (Virtual Keyboard) appears .... even if i let the stylus inside the entry box during a long time (there is a little menu for copy/paste, but no VK).

How could I activate a VK with CacheWolf ?

Wutschkow

Geomaster
PNAs usually have a trimmed down Windows Mobile without features like virtual keyboard (as this functionality is covered by the installed navigation software). So you'll have to install your own virtual keyboard. There are some around for such cases or to replace the default keyboard of windows mobile.
But this no issue with Cachewolf, since Cachewolf simply uses the default (or any other installed) virtual keyboard.

But in addition to this you will probably have to use a special ewe.dll for PNAs to get everything to work smoothly. There are some threads on this in this forum. Try searching for "PNA" in the thread titles. Something should come up.

Edit: You can download it here: http://cachewolf.de.ms, ->ewe.dll->PNA

Engywuck

Geowizard
Additionally: You can switch the CacheWolf language to FR (if it is not already done). If you find some silly or simply bad translations, you could let me know so that we can correct it.

Greetings,
E.

OP
C

courdi95

Geonewbie
Wutschkow schrieb:
PNAs usually have a trimmed down Windows Mobile without features like virtual keyboard (as this functionality is covered by the installed navigation software). So you'll have to install your own virtual keyboard. There are some around for such cases or to replace the default keyboard of windows mobile.
But this no issue with Cachewolf, since Cachewolf simply uses the default (or any other installed) virtual keyboard.

But in addition to this you will probably have to use a special ewe.dll for PNAs to get everything to work smoothly. There are some threads on this in this forum. Try searching for "PNA" in the thread titles. Something should come up.

Edit: You can download it here: http://cachewolf.de.ms, ->ewe.dll->PNA

I have downloaded your DLL, but no VK is activated when I try to enter information in dialog boxes !!! I can not enter center coordinates for example .... :eek:ps:

Any idea to help me ?

Edit : I have found how to do it -> lauching the VK before CacheWolf and put in the bottom of the screen .....

Wutschkow

Geomaster
As I wrote: "in addition to that"

The dll is for Cachewolf to work smoothly. But the VK has nothing to do with Cachewolf at all.
You simply have to install a VK because the Windows Mobile on your PNA doesn't have one. Try googling "Windows mobile virtual keyboard replacement", that should give you some links. Preferably look for a VK that supports french language?

Cachewolf doesn't care what VK you install. Just install any and make sure it works with other programs. It will then work with Cachewolf as well.

Just to be really clear: The missing VK isn't Cachewolfs fault. There simply is no VK installed in your PNA, because of the crippled Windows Mobile. Install any VK and it will work - in Cachewolf as well as in any other program.

Oben