• Willkommen im Geoclub - dem größten deutschsprachigen Geocaching-Forum. Registriere dich kostenlos, um alle Inhalte zu sehen und neue Beiträge zu erstellen.

GeoKrety.org - new free "Travel Bug"-System

emzett

Geocacher
I have registered my account yesterday evening, and didn't receive the verification email.

However, I can log in and create new travellers.

Dicke Dose

Geocacher
The problem is still existing. It occours even if you disable the spam options of eg. gmx.
But its no problem. You can use all features and use the rss feed to check the movements of your geokrety.

filips

Geocacher
Hi,
* there is a problem especially with gmx hosts (gmx.de, gmx.at...). I promise to try to solve this problem asap. But remember: the account without email confirmation is fully operational!

* Integration with OC code. The interface can be prepared in one day, but I have to know, what format of data would OC like to get (xml?), what data to retrive (waypoint, geokret name...), what other options sholud be.

/F

mirosch

Geocacher
i didn't get the mail... on my own mailserver (own server)... there's definitly no spam deleting (only marking) active...

so i tried to place a geokrety in a gc.com cache, but all waypoints I try, wasn't found!? Isn't there enough, current data?

Also I tried to place it manually at a location (e.g.)
49 54.321
8 51.789
and after submitting it was placed at 49 00.000; 8 00.000, that seems to be incorrect too

filips

Geocacher
mirosch schrieb:
i didn't get the mail... on my own mailserver (own server)... there's definitly no spam deleting (only marking) active...

Yes, it is not matter of classification of spam. Our mail even does not arrive to your mail server.

so i tried to place a geokrety in a gc.com cache, but all waypoints I try, wasn't found!? Isn't there enough, current data?

Yes, gc.com is a quite commercial site and doesn't allow people to download their data. So their waypoints are not supported.
http://www.opencaching.pl/wiki/index.php/GeoKrety_-_hilfe

49 54.321
8 51.789
and after submitting it was placed at 49 00.000; 8 00.000, that seems to be incorrect too

That is a bug, I will check this problem. Thanks for reporting.

filips

Geocacher
mirosch schrieb:
49 54.321
8 51.789

Bug fixed - it was the matter of localization - in German the legal decimal separator is a comma, while in SQL - the dot.

Sorry for inconvenience,
F

BTW: in next few days the new interface for operations will be avaliable - one field for entering waypoint; if it is not supported, fields for entering lat/lon will be activated. Otherwise it will be marked gray.

filips

Geocacher
Hi,
for all of You who haven't recived an email with confirmation. I improved a bit the mail delivery system and it should work fine now.

To activate your email, log in, go to my page -> (edit email address or leave the same) -> press submit button

Wait for an email, click on link and that's all.

sorry for inconvenience,
filips

JB2002

Geocacher
hi,
i've got a question:
would it be possible to add a goal for the GK like the goals for the travelbugs? that would be nice!
I would also prefer HTML or BB-Code for the GK-description. And the description-area should be biger!

bye
jb2002

filips

Geocacher
JB2002 schrieb:
would it be possible to add a goal for the GK like the goals for the travelbugs? that would be nice!

You can specify a goal in the description box. Eg today I picked a GeoKret with information about it's goal written on the tag. So feel free to do it in this way.

JB2002 schrieb:
I would also prefer HTML or BB-Code for the GK-description.

Hmm, I think it will not be avaliable very soon...

JB2002 schrieb:
And the description-area should be biger!

This is a good idea.

Oliver

Geowizard
filips schrieb:
JB2002 schrieb:
I would also prefer HTML or BB-Code for the GK-description.

Hmm, I think it will not be avaliable very soon...

Check out http://devel.opencaching.de/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/html/lib/class.inputfilter.php?rev=1.7&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Will validate the users HTML to protect before XSS ...
... and tinymce for WYSIWYG

Oliver

Geowizard
filips schrieb:
* Integration with OC code. The interface can be prepared in one day, but I have to know, what format of data would OC like to get (xml?), what data to retrive (waypoint, geokret name...), what other options sholud be.

I think we need 2 interfaces ... one for reading the whole database and one for reading/writeing single GK-actions

The first interface would be an XML-Interface like the one of opencaching:
http://www.opencaching.de/doc/xml/xml11.htm

With having this data, we can show on opencaching.de which GK is inside a geocache and provide links to gk-website to log founds etc. Would be nice to have an incremental interface ... so refreshing the data each 5 minutes is possible without huge workload.

The second step would be to provide an SOAP interface (google for nusoap) to allow the opencaching-webserver to automate account-creation and log-actions on gk-website ... but i think this will take much time to make a good concept and implement it ... and currently i can not say when we have the resource to implement the second step in the oc-source. I think not before mid of 2008.

So the first step to show which GK is inside a OC-Geocache is a good start.

Regards,
Oliver

filips

Geocacher
JB2002 schrieb:
And is there any way to make a <br> or something (sorry, don't know the english word for "Absatz" ;-) ?

Ok, now a new line is converted into a <br />. Today I'm going to enchance the editing system, so you will be able to edit your previous descriptions in a comfortable way.

Oliver schrieb:
I think we need 2 interfaces ... one for reading the whole database and one for reading/writeing single GK-actions

The first interface would be an XML-Interface like the one of opencaching:
http://www.opencaching.de/doc/xml/xml11.htm

An interface for reading the state of GeoKrets via xml should be easy to implement.
An interface for writing will be harder to make, becouse of authorisation/logging in matters. Among data sent to this interface should be login and password or other session identificator.

So, when I'm ready with this first interface I will contact and talk over the details.

Regards,
filips

mic@

Geoking
filips schrieb:
An interface for writing will be harder to make, becouse of authorisation/logging in matters. Among data sent to this interface should be login and password or other session identificator.
Why is this authorisation a problem?
Because at the top of http://www.geokrety.org/ruchy.php You write
that a login is NOT necessary for actions to GK. And furthermore
oc could send You something like [email protected] with the request, so
that You get a good info of who is doing something.
Best wishes, Mic@

Oben